8.29.2007

Beijing bonding

Asia and I (Justin) just got back from a 4-day excursion to the capital for Asia's gluten blood test, and some quality father-daughter bonding. We saw a western pediatrician: I had to hold Asia down while she had her blood drawn. She is terrified of shots and flips out when she has to have them. She did pretty well though and I was quickly forgiven for helping the nurse. She got to go swimming in the hotel pool, jump on the soft beds and have waffles at the breakfast buffet. I don't often get the chance to spend this much one-on-one time with her, so this was a fun and meaningful trip for me too. She is growing up so fast and becoming a very smart and beautiful little girl. She is also a great traveler - she gets really excited to fly on planes and explore new things. She kept saying, "I am so excited to go on a date with Daddy!" It was cute. :)

Overall, the trip went great and we are awaiting the results of the blood test...hopefully we will hear sometime this next week.