8.28.2007

expensive grapes...

my tummy is queasy and my heart hurts. I was just robbed by three Uyghur guys while walking downtown with my two little girls. I was buying grapes, while three guys working together distracted me while one unzipped my backpack pocket - taking all my money. Once I noticed what had happened - the guy who nabbed my cash was already running down the street, and the bigger one was staring at me arrogantly wondering what I might do. There was nothing I could do. I had two small kids, and the rest of the people around me all witnessed the theft....and did nothing. Uyghur men are known for wielding knives and using them. I quickly got into a taxi and just started bawling. I feel so violated and dumb. Why did I leave my money in "that" pocket? How could they steal from a mom & kids? I am so angry at this system...this culture....the evil in this world. I know this battle is not against people, but things like this sure make it more challenging to love them. Maybe I will post a pict of my backpack and expensive grapes! I have learned much thru this experience...and have gotten good, inspiring advice.